Sunday, April 26, 2009

claire's bio




Hi All... looks like I am in on this one! Yippee! It is going to be great!

My name is Claire.
I live on Gabriola Island on the westcoast of Canada (4,500 people), surrounded by trees, sandstone and the ocean.
I am a mom of two crazy little gals (4 and 8), and a mexican mutt. I am married to a great guy too (who puts up with all the estrogen in this family).
I am a self taught illustrator, and I run my own business creating custom chalkboard signs and shipping them all over the place, so I pretty much get to draw every day (this exchange will be a welcome change from tomatoes and coffee cups thats for sure)...
When I do get any free time, I spend most of it on the water. We have a 36' sailboat that we are fixing up for an 'extended' voyage (hopefully a couple of years) leaving fall 2010!
I also really enjoy yoga, cycling, running, knitting, kayaking, practicing my guitar, drawing and painting (of course) and pretty much anything outside or in/on/under the water... and I admit I enjoy playing my hubby's xbox from time to time!!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Cheers!

4 comments:

munition said...

nice to meet you Claire!

I'm glad you're part of this group, I looked at your website and loved your work!

emon xie said...

Lovely work on your site, love the women with cigars series; and indeed, welcome!
e

Claire Watson said...

thanks! good to meet you too... this is going to be fun!

Kip Sauce said...

Very nice to meet you Claire I definitely look forward to seeing more of your work !