Thursday, May 21, 2009

And here's my bio...


I forgot that I had to write this, so here you go:

My name is Brett Manning. I always get asked by bank tellers if I'm depositing a check for my boyfriend... I like my name. My favorite colors are brown and grey... maybe because almost every other color looks nice with either brown or grey.. or maybe because they can be looked at as a combination of all colors... no wait, that's black... I went to school and majored in fashion design and I never knew why. I don't like trends and I don't enjoy drawing attention to myself because of my clothes.. I just really enjoy drawing fashion illustrations. I'd much rather work with animals and be a more successful freelance artist and illustrator with high hopes of someday becoming published.

Currently I live in Chicago with my beautiful boyfriend Franky and our lovely man-cat Sidney. They are my best friends even though Sid enjoys howl-meowing at 4:00 a.m. and Franky has troubles remembering how to fold clothes, but that's okay, they're both the best folks I know and I love them. We want to get out of this city soon though. I miss the stars at night and the smell of the earth when everything is asleep and the sky is so dark blue, but the moon is so bright and big that we don't need flashlights while riding our bikes along the dirty gravel roads.

When it comes to my art, I am drawn to texture, balance, dream-like experiences, transcendental qualities, bla bla bla.... I guess my work can be somewhat surreal. Surreality is good. For me, I am able to let out my inner most feelings and thoughts being the overly emotional female I am... It's a healthy process. Often I will do automatic drawings, and through this I've realized that I have a strange attraction towards hairy imaginary beasts.

I enjoy forming theories and philosophies in my mind and never telling anyone about them.

I am addicted to coffee.

Hmmm... That's me I suppose. haha.

5 comments:

munition said...

it's nice to know more about you :)

I just saw your portrait finished, it's beautiful! I am impressed to see how you can create so much softness with tiny black lines...

jennifer kraska said...

good to meet you Brett

emon xie said...

Welcome to the group!

sonsational said...

welcome and have fun :)

Claire said...

welcome!