Friday, May 22, 2009

Hello

Hi All,

Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Jennifer Kraska and I'm really excited to be a part of this group.

I have been drawing for as long as I can remember. My formal education is in Industrial Design, and have been working in the automotive industry for 12 years (I think that it is pretty cool that I can say that I draw cars for a living). I am a self taught watercolorist and have recently become addicted to molys (have filled 3 in the last 5 mos, my moly has become a sort of security blanket for me, I don't leave the house without it). The auto industry has been very good to me, I've no complaints, but the need to create and share my own art is stronger than ever.

I'm drawn to birds & bugs (no pun intended, I swear!). Always have been. I love the unpredictability of watercolor. Assume because it's the complete opposite from what I do at work everyday. I'd love to illustrate a childrens book someday. I'm always looking for ways to challenge myself artistically. Hence moly exchanges.

I love to travel and will jump at the opportunity whenever it presents itself. The world is an amazing place, I always learn something about myself when I travel, even if it's what not to do.

I have two Jack Russell terriors, Dax & Odo. Last but not least, I am a HUGE Star Wars geek.

Good to meet all of you. Now I have to get a move on on my self portrait.

Jenn

BTW - I'll be posting more photos for reference on my flickr photostream.

5 comments:

brettisagirl said...

hello! pleasure meeting you

munition said...

welcome Jennifer!

emon xie said...

Great to meet another fan of bugs and Star Wars!

sonsational said...

nice to meet you :D

Claire said...

welcome to the group!