Sunday, December 13, 2009

snow miser/heat miser




So, this took forever. Not to draw but to get both parts finished. So long in fact that two seasons passed... and with that comes the story. Son's half was done near the end of summer, it was hot, I was sweating buckets drawing down on a bench at the ocean. I quite enjoyed myself but ran out of time that day to do my half...then came work...blah blah...we all get it, i hate making excuses but it happens to the best of us.

Now Mine I did this morning, freezing in my room, hoodie pulled up, heater cranked. The levels aren't 100% in this scan but you may be able to pick out son's vibrant orange colorings, goes nicely with the warm weather in which it was drawn. If I had an ice blue felt I would have used it for mine...instead I went with dull desaturated brown, sort of an opposite colder feeling to the warm saturation in son's portrait.

To end, Julie, I'll get this in the mail to you today...I promise. Maybe it'll even get it time for xMas...maybe I'll wrap it :)

7 comments:

southofthecliff said...

Great stuff.

emon xie said...

Very much remind me of those old 1918 political posters from October Revolution era Russia or early Bau Haus, super cool!
e

jennifer kraska said...

I love the linework in these entries.

Julie said...

Great linework!

A moly for Christmas, whoohoo!! I can't wait :)

claire said...

very cool...

Burger Raff said...

these look great, the faces look like jigsaw puzzles

PuraAbarca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.